Sunday, January 15, 2017

Stamping Up Birthday Party


I don't feel too badly considering I missed an actual day blog, at least the day is noted properly for this post.  I had such a lovely afternoon yesterday with my new Stampin Up Friends, that it all exhausted me so much that by the time I got home, and just ended up going to crash. I also wasn't feeling that great either, so when Abby got home from work at 8:00 we both just vegged in front of the TV after sharing with each other about our days.  

Here goes the description of my afternoon.  I walked in and found the crafty tables set up for 4.  And it was well decorated so I was impressed because it did not leave me with an impression that it was just "thrown together".

She made these adorable little treat baskets, that she decorated and filled with little Hershey's Cookies & Cream mini chocolate bars, there were maybe six or seven of them each wrapped individually using decorative Stampin Up paper. When I found out that they were little chocolates, I gobbled them up, too yummy to stall taking photos of them.   However did she know these are my favourites?


The first thing we did was the shaker card, and I thought that was fidgety!  It was nothing compared to what was to come!  I had to have a little help from my new friends to help me get some of the fidgety stuff done.  But what a great little card! I just LOVE the design of how it all went together.

We then went on to card #2...OMG!!!!   There were all of these little !@#$%$!  sticky individual foil flags for banners on a sheet of foil, that we had to fold each individually onto the string! OMG, I just couldn't do it, but certainly not without giving it a good honest try.  I spent far too much time trying to keep up with Tammy that it put me really far behind.  Finally I gave up and set them aside and moved on to the next card.  But not before Tammy did all the stamping that required to be done for that card for me, since I don't have any of the stamps or colours at home that the project suggested.  I can't think of for the life of me why they would think any singel one human being would ever want to go through this !@#$%! stressful step?  LOL, this was almost the death of me, believe me!  What a mess!


But, I made it through the afternoon yesterday without getting too terribly frustrated over these !@#$%! banners!  I was more exhausted by the time I got home though.  LOL, once I set that project aside and moved on to the next.  Here is the final result of what I did this morning...(this may end up being the last thing that I get to craft wise tonight lol) Looks like I picked just the right colours for those banners, right?  


I opened up my goodie box from Stampin Up this morning and I sorted everything and put everything away, except for the messed up silver foiled useless banners and I filed them under G, but then I got out my banner die and started cutting...I almost gave up on this too, but I persisted...I may not have prevailed those stupid banners like Tammy did, (but she is the teach, she is supposed to prevail...lol) but I prevailed the project in the end and I am quite proud of them! 

Then we moved onto the card that has the cake punched out of it.  These are all lovely, lovely cards, but I wish we had saved the hardest one for the last one to do...as the rest of them were all pretty simple...


In this kit there were also some tags to make.  I am not much of a tag person, unless I am altering them using mixed media fun...but these were all a part of this project.  They are all very cute, I really love the embellishments that came with each one.  One thing I can say about Stampin Up even years after having a chance to try out a few of their paper pumpkin projects; their products are all very well made, you definitely get quality, not just quantity.  Here are the 3 different tags that we made.


I had so much fun scrapping with you all and I look forward to joining in on many more in the near future.  I have been living here for far too long and not finding any one to craft with, now I do.  ðŸ’™


4 comments:

  1. wow, look at all the things you made, awesome hun!!! Your on a roll :D :D :) Love these creations so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat It was so much fun to meet and create with new people. It was an awesome Make and Take. Looking forward to more in the future.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day overall, minus the stressful moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup it was fun...I can't wait for more of these. So much more fun to craft with like minded people

      Delete

Thank you for your comments