Saturday, January 21, 2017

Overnight At The Sleep Clinic

Yesterday afternoon Abby drove us to the West Parry Sound Hospital for my over night at the sleep clinic.  Even made arrangements for us to be able to let Abby stay over too.  We got to Parry Sound early enough to have dinner somewhere but since it was a Friday Night at Dinner time everywhere had too long of a line up there was even a link up at McDonald's.  

So once we were fed up we made our way over to the hospital, parked and went on in, got registered and waited.   There was a young Indian fellow who was there who hooked me up to 25 wires...minimum.  I even had tube in my nose not to mention all of the electrodes every where.  Several on my head ears neck back arms legs they were everywhere it seemed.   They used this icky gooey paste and the put it on my head and therfore in my ear and yuck.  It was just eeewwww gross stuff. 

It was a very small room with 2 hospital beds.  The whole thing was just so strange to me.  Never mind the electrodes and tube in my nose and that thing on my finger but sleeping in pajamas, in bed by myself, no clock, extremely dark room, need I say more?  And after all that and no matter how tired I was it took almost all night to go to sleep.  Sheeesh.  Unbelievable! 

It was too soon before I heard the guy on my intercom saying good morning time to get up.

Ugh.  So I got up we heard everyone else up so we went out to socialize.  Abby offered to do a coffee run since there were no cafeterias open in the hospital.  So everyone was happy for Abby's offer.  So the rest of my day in the hospital was comprised of 4 half hour naps every 2 hours.  I almost had to stay for a 5th one because I had rapid eye movement during  the night.  But at the end of the 4th one I was told I was free to go.  Wahoo!

So now I get to go back for follow up in mid February and for the next two weeks I get to log my night time activities to take with me.  Home work...phooey!

Well needless to say we are home now and happy to be showered and I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed.



2 comments:

  1. I stayed with a friend of mine when she had that done.Abby was lucky because they gave me a cot from hell to sleep on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was very nice of you to stay with your friend. we were both lucky that she was able to stay period....they had another room with a double bed that would have worked too but I was happy she was with me.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments