Friday, January 13, 2017

January - "Time" 5/4


I recently joined a new private blog where we make 5 ATCs per month for 4 different partners.  The first theme for the first swap for the month of January is Time.  What I have done here is called Emboss Resist.  I simply stamped the clock image with Mememto Wedding Dress colour ink, and then I used white embossing powder and set with my brand spanking new heat tool.  I then picked 3 of my favourite Distress Ink colours, Victorian Velvet, Peacock Feathers, and Verm Lacquer and a round distressor tool to apply the colours onto the ATC which brings out the embossed pattern of the clock.  I then could not decide if they were done, someone suggested quotes so I went into my stash of alphabet letters and found one of my favourite things that I got from Christmas advent this year, (something new that we tried and LOVED it) and decided that only 2-word quotes were enough to call this lovely ATC set complete.  The background colours kind of remind me of cotton candy or tie die even...love how they turned out, I hope my partners will love them too.  

Stay tuned for who gets one, and what I get in return for them!






2 comments:

  1. I love the backgrounds, how did you do them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the awesome stamp from Michaels and its actually an embossing resist effect. I used my Tim Holtz distress inks and an distress tool for the colours.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments