Thursday, January 19, 2017

One tuckered cookie

Today we had an appointment up in South River.   We took the scenic route home and stopped to take some photos on Tower Road where Abby was conceived.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ice and snow on the rocks after a storm...we have had freezing fog within the last 24 hours so it was beautiful to see these rocks!











I also took photos of a roof that we saw snow and ice melting  off of it, which is something I am finding that fascinates me at the moment.


Then when we finally got home, I have barely turned on my computer.  I sat there long enough to check some email and tags on Facebook.  We actually had an afternoon siesta.  Woke up feeling  a lot better than the first time around this morning.

We woke up and decided to go out for a walk.  I'm gosh. ..did that ever pooch me right out.  For the first time in a very long time we walked all the way to the end of Wooden Bridge Road.  It was lovely outside as it was plus 2.  


I have been keeping myself busy so that I am good and tired for a good nights sleep at the Parry Sound Hospital for a sleep assessment.  This should be interesting indeed.  I will keep you posted here.

I have also made some banana bread in my slow cooker today because my gas oven needs a repair.  I messed up in the recipe because the one I printed for the slow cooker said to use butter, but my one that says to cook in oven, uses oil...so I looked at the recipe and thought, hmmm why does one need oil and one does not?   lol  so what do I do?    I had already added the 1/2 cup margarine and without really thinking it through I also added a 1/2 cup of oil.....lol...silly me, huh?  Well, it turned out delicious!  It was the most moistest banana bread I have ever made.  When I do it again, I will for sure use only one or the other but live and learn, right?     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments