Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Started New WC Class

wow, 11 days into 2017, and here I am still blogging, every single day.  So far, so good, eh?  lol

I am so happy today...as up until 8:30 this morning, I had no clue whether or not the second part of the art water colour class was going to happen!  I could not wait any longer to make the call, it was suggested that I call at 8:30 but I called at 8:20 to find out what the score was...and I was told that we were a go!

The roads were still quite ice covered and the hammer lane was far worse than the granny lane, so it was good enough for me to drive myself up to the Tom Thompson Art Gallery in South River.

I absolutely LOVE the drive up there, and the setting that the Art Gallery is located on is just breath taking!  Sometimes, I will get there a little bit early on purpose to go to sit in my car at the Tom Thompson Park.  Its just beautiful, and gives me a chance to take a deep breath and clear my stresses and thoughts to go into class with as fresh a mind as possible.

When I got there, there are only two of us in the class.  I was quite happy to see my new friend Linda from Powassan there.  Anyway, we pretty much jumped right into the class lessons for today, and oh my gosh, I had no idea how easy using water colours to paint incredible images is!  See below to what I created already today...(and the day is still young yet)



Isn't the power of suggestion through art amazing?  I sure think so!  I throughly enjoyed the art lesson today, and love love love learning new techniques.  Its incredible that out of all of the techniques that Kristina has been teaching, there has not been a single repeat of anything that I have learned over the last 7 years in my journey of making ATCS (artist trading cards)

So now that I am home, and my Abby is at work, I have a chance to do some more!  I can't wait to see how these paintings above turn out when they are done! The very best thing about water colour paint is that not only is it easier to clean up than acrylic, but with each of the 3 primary colours, you don't need to buy any other colours!  Using Red, Blue & Yellow, you can make ANY colour you want or need.

For the music I have in my back ground today, I thought it would be nice to hear some sacred drums....here is what I found to listen to and its quite relaxing while I get some of my admin stuff done before starting another project.

I hope you enjoyed my blog for today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the class wasn't cancelled as you feared it might be. You are enjoying it so much, it would be agonizing for you to wait until later in the year for another session to be scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would have been agonizing! I was really hoping that some of the students that were in it the last time were going to be in it for this round as we all discussed and hoped. But alas, only one other girl and myself are in the class in total. But she is the one I was hoping to be there as I really enjoy her company. So its great that its a small class. I am thrilled that it wasn't cancelled.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments