Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last Day Of 2017

FIRST AND FOREMOST....HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE TO ALL OF MY FAMILY & FRIENDS!!!

So far, regarding my accountability list for 2017 has been doing ok.   Out of originally 31 items, pretty much the majority of them were completed.  There are now just the ones that are on going to carry on with, which at the end of this post I will finish off with a new list to begin with in 2018.

But today, I would like to talk about a challenge that I have thought out for myself and now bringing it out onto the table.

#ArtADay2018ForHealth


I will be blogging daily, every day this time for the entire year, and not give up like I did last year.  Well that is my determination anyway...my intent of this is to do my best to keep moving and do at least a little bit every single day, exercise more,eat healthier, and be healthier, I do not want another repeat of this year that is for sure!!!

My idea of Art A Day 2018 for Health are the following.  It could be at least 18 minutes of making something, anything, like an ATC, or alter a rolodex.  It could also be a journal page, or a master board.  Perhaps a painting on canvas (large or small), or playing with my spirograph.  As long as I make something.  I would ideally prefer the project to be finished, and posted by the end of every single and posted for my readers.  However realistically we all know that life happens and things can get in the way of such an on taking, right?  For example I have 2 day surgeries coming up very shortly in the month of January.  On the 5th of January, I am scheduled for the carpel tunnel release of my left wrist.   And on January 20 I will be facing the music and going for a colonoscopy.  I have had far too many reasons NOT to get this done in the past year.

So, #ArtADay2018ForHealth will commence as of midnight tonight.  I would like to challenge you all to do the same, or similar, or an average of.

My most recent project found me collecting toilet paper rolls for the last 12 months!  Fun Fun Fun!  Blows me away at how many I ended up with.  To give you an idea, I needed 9 rows of 14 rolls.  WOW!  I saw a fabulous video on Facebook of ideas of things to make with them, one of totally tickled my fancy, so I started the process on Friday.  The project is a marker/pencil crayon holder.  I really love the idea of being able to find anything you need or want in a split second or a couple of split seconds.  So how I decided to engineer this is to put rows in proper rainbow colored instead of the colors being amuck every where like the video showed, and I decided to expand it.  The one on the video showed maybe 6 rows across and 6 rows down.

I started with a bunch of plain boring looking toilet paper rolls



So I took the acronym (that my good friend Kat taught me), Roy G Biv and went to work.  This is what I have completed so far.  







I have painted all of the rest of the rolls and they just need to be glued together.  Except I need to repaint the violet ones. But I am probably more than half done.




I will likely have this completed by midnight tonight, so that I can end the year with completing a project.  So then all there will be to do is to find a place for which I think I have one on one of my shelves, so that it will be handy.  And then to load all of my markers and pencil crayons into it.  If all goes well, I may make one for my crayons.

insert photo of finished marker holder.

Last but not least for this post..here is my new accountability list for 2018.

ART RELATED

1) Swap Bot projects to fill in gaps for when I have no other art to do
2) On going group projects either with my own group or my other main-stays
3) Greeting card challenges and send more home made birthday greeting cards by snail mail
4) Cut down more cardboard boxes to ATC size
5) More water color painting at the very least on ATC size
6) Update profile on swap bot
9) Work harder on putting all ATCs received from beginning of time into binders
10) Organize all stash better
11) Trade more in Sharon's group
12) Keep art desk and room cleaner
13) Revisit and finish any incomplete project

HOME RELATED

1) Sorting of all paper work for income tax etc
2) Go througn all photos, name them and burn them onto DVDs
3) Be a better housekeeper

HEALTH RELATED


1) Fight sleep better
2) Exercise more



ON GOING ALL THE ABOVE ALL OF THE TIME








2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a game plan for the new year. That's great, it's good to have a set of goals to keep you on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can accomplish even just one of these goals on a daily basis I would be happy.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments