Monday, January 9, 2017

First Birch Trees of 2017

Today went quite a bit better art wise.  I have started and finished a painting of my lovely birch trees. Its still quite the same as my original because my original has almost a cartoonish look to it.  I guess I need to have the original in front of me to get a better one of it.  Or I might just have to get some prints done.  Anyway, here is what my accomplishment for today is.


I am actually going to offer this one for sale.  I will start it off at $50.00 to see what everyone thinks, and maybe, just maybe one of you might want to buy it...😃

Also today was a good day because I had been fighting fatigue the whole day.  I was up for 9:30 (instead of later) and so far have stayed awake all day.  I wanted to lay down so badly and sleep but I knew that Abby was working on the snow blower, which between the two of us, it got fixed.  The belt went on it, so it had to be replaced.  What could I have possibly done to help her?...lol...well I held the flashlight for almost an hour!  lol...she acknowledged that she couldn't have done it without my help.  So that was great...but in the mean time its snowing like crazy out there...(still is) and my fingers were almost frozen.  

But just before all of that, Abby said was sure she heard a moose, so I went out for a walk and walked down the hill to the neighbours on Station Road to see if I could see or hear anything.  I am disappointed to say that I not only not heard a thing but I also did not see a thing...foot prints either for that matter.  I decided to take picture of the current true snow fall that we have up to date...and tomorrow I will post another photo of what we will have tomorrow because this storm is supposed to last all day tomorrow too...anyway here is the photo I promised.


If you take a look at the top of the skid gardens...from there up is the true amount of what we have gotten in snow since it started early in November.  I can't wait to see how much more there will be by the time this storm is done tomorrow!

P.S.  I have FINALLY finished my version of Romeo In Flight drawn by Karen Lukens



As I just asked after I posted it in her colouring group on Facebook, Will I EVER be as happy with my own colouring as I am with others'?

2 comments:

  1. That is one heck of a lot of snow. Ours has depleted a lot but it will be a winter wonderland again after tomorrow, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup it sure is a lot of snow, ours has depleted some, too, but it just keeps on coming!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments