Thursday, January 26, 2017

My Red Barn

A very dear friend of mine posted this photo as her profile photo on Facebook and oh boy did it ever call my name to attempt to paint it.


Isn't it just beautiful?  I can only hope that my beginner skills of water colour painting won't shame this incredible photo.  Here is what I have done so far.  I actually drew this by hand, its not too bad, at least I can live with it for now.


Then I scribbled the entire back of the drawing in pencil, so that I could trace it onto water colour paper.  I can use this drawing over and over and over in the future if I wanted to. 


Then I attached the scribbled side under, on top of the water colour paper and traced the composition so that it would transfer over to the water colour paper. Such a cool trick!


and, I can hardly wait to paint this.  Stay tuned to see it when its finished, and folks, that is a wrap for today, I am off to bed...catch you tomorrow!

P.S.  We had a lovely lupper at my brothers' cabin in the bush today, hence the reason I didn't get anything else done.  We had Potatoes, Carrots and Parsnips, and tortierre, with a lovely apple type of pastry for desert....was so good and was nice to have a break from cooking....Thanks guys, hope we can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments