Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Karma vs Good vs Bad

Do you believe in Karma?  What is Karma anyway?  Well, according to Wikipedia, it says that...

Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म; IPA: [ˈkərmə] ( listen); Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed; it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).

What does this mean?   Well, I think it means how people treat others will get what is deserved in return whether it be good, or bad.

I like to think that both Abby and I are good people and we both try to help others where ever we can.  But for some reason, we have been having our turn at a round of negative things happening to us.

Let me see, we had to get the muffler in the car fixed, and as well we had to get 2 new belts so that we can be prepared should our A/C fail.  Thats what happened in our previous car, and it eventually killed the car because we were not on top of it. 

Then we had a leak in the dining room window of our house with the January melt that we have been having.  After that, I was washing a load of clothes in our new washer/spin dryer, and the load went off balance, and danced around the back hall until the pipe came off of the tap, and water went EVERYWHERE!

And then the very next thing that happened was, last week I went and defrosted my small turkey that I had in the freezer, and made stuffing for it and everything, and went to put the oven on, and the dang oven would not come on.  Well great what was I supposed to do with the turkey?  Thank goodness it was a small one and it fit into my slow cooker.

I'm almost done, the next thing that happened, is that Abby got a call from her work today letting her go.  There have been many things going on there that should never happen, and one of them was that the residences were actually beating on their staff...which is totally wrong, and unacceptable, especially when the staff is not paid well enough to deal with those scenarios.  But anyway its all for the best, she will be looking for something maybe in retirement homes, or maybe Comm living, but we shall see.

And the last thing that happened, was I was in Huntsville shopping today, I went to the Dollar store, and when I came out, and dug for my keys deep in all of my pockets but they were no where to be found!  I began to panic, as it was the only key to the car that we have...and because it was going to cost us 250 to get a new one, or a second one, we haven't bothered, but you can imagine that panic was setting in!   I went back into Dollarama asked if someone turned keys in, she said no, I went to the store next door and asked the same question, the answer was no. I started to trace my steps from the car to Dollarama and began to walk up and down all of the aisles, but the cashier called me over and was dangling my keys because a really nice gentleman turned them in...OMG what a relief I tell you.  And the funny thing is, this is the second time in 12 years that this same thing happened to me, and both times, I was lucky to get my keys back, the first time was at the Dollar Tree in Woodbridge.

Whew!  I am pretty much done with negative Nancy's happening to us.  Sooo done, I tell you!  Time to turn a new leaf!  But now as the gentleman to returned my keys to the cashier said, our luck is changing because he found my keys and I got them back without any further hassle.  So, I am putting it out there, time for happy and positive things to happen!!!

As far as doing any art today, that has not happened yet.  However, when I was in Huntsville, I had some time to kill, so I went to the Community Centre they call The Summit, and walked 8 times around the track.  This took me about 40 minutes. This track is actually indoors around the top of the skating rink.  If you walk 5 times around the track its 1km, and if you walk 8 times around the track is 1 mile, and its free to do so.  I met a really nice older lady there, she was a sweet heart.  She told me that she went to the Bracebridge centre where her husband goes swimming, and they charge you 6.00 to walk around their track. Crazy, eh?  So anyway, I felt pretty good about doing my walk today.

Finally the last thing I want to share for today, is that I at last made my home made pea soup, so I am going to end this blog by saying that its calling my name and that I am going to go and have some!  Have a great night, everyone and I will be back tomorrow afternoon when I am finished my art class!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments