Sunday, January 1, 2017

Dar's Little Book of Morsels

Abby had discovered that there had been some damage to the generator shelter.  Of course our first concern was the generator and the gas cans.  One of which had been punctured by our own hitch plow (I think) (which we can't use this year because we don't have a vehicle with a hitch that we can use it on) after the plow driver had gone too wide.  I went out to see what I could do to help Abby, so I helped her move own hitch plow to another spot and boy oh boy was that sucker heavy; so heavy that I ended up feeling some pain in my left hip. Oh joy...

She went off to work and I busied myself with getting 8 happy mail envelopes going out to 8 lucky recipients tomorrow.  That alone is a big "making and creating" project lol.  I wish I could afford to hire someone to do my admin stuff for me so I can keep creating.  Anyway...those lucky people are From my group ATC Positive, Marie Schroller, and Cindy Sharp Tabbert.  These ladies will be receiving birthday greeting ATCs.  Cindy is in the new Birthday Club swap, but Marie isn't, so she is getting a birthday RAK.  Then on ATC Canada, There is a trade that I owe to Wendy Fusco coming. From Swapbot, there is Cherylann Marois who is finally going to be getting her One Word ATC.  And last but not least, there is a private ATC Swap I'm playing in, the theme is Time, and I have 4 of them going out to Suzanne May, Nat Murdock, Ann Jensen and Donna Brinkman.  Watch for photos to come soon on a blog near you...just kidding...had to tease, in a very near future date I will be featuring photos of my January Time ATCs. 

Otherwise I didn't do much today, my Internet connection was very choppy today.  So for most of the afternoon I spent in Abby's den believe it or not sorting receipts and helping her to clear off her desk. I also spent time winding up wires and cables and tying them off with elastics for easy packing and easy to see needs. 

When I realized that much time had gone by, and it was 7:30 and I had not eaten yet.  I went and made myself some supper of fried chicken, canned peas, and my home made macaroni salad. Which afterwards, I had a bit of a shut eye cuddling with my cat boo in my chair.  He is such a fierce looking cat, isn't he?


When I woke up, it was 9:30 and thought I should come to my studio and actually make something.  I didn't know what I was going to do so I decided to re-do my Mixed Media Morsel #2 in my small book of morsels.  Here is a photo of the front cover of my book.  I am loving how this turned out.  I posted it on the Mixed Media Morsels site on Facebook and got a TON of lovely comments.  The background is actually made up of my hand painted birch trees onto a label page and of course some dies from a cute die set that I have that ran through my big shot.  Cathand called this her Printed Labels for Journal Cover Page.  You can actually click on the link to go to her video to learn how to do this.


And here is the back cover of my book.  I just love this idea of having a smallish reference to different techniques if I am having trouble thinking up what to do next in any of my projects. 


Below here, is my very first well...second, I guess lol, page of my book.  The technique is called the Saran Wrap Background.  I LOVE this technique because if done correctly the page will shine in the light.  


The next technique is called The Collage Background which is what I made today.  In this photo, the page is still drying because I was anxious to get it on my blog and done with ten minutes to spare before the end of the day!   I am looking forward to remaking #3!




2 comments:

  1. One post per day all year long? That is a pretty challenging intention. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the best wishes on this one...we will see what the future holds, right Ms. Bonnie?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments