Sunday, January 29, 2017

Zion United Church

Today I think the whole world must have moved because we actually went to church this morning.  I have been wanting to go for a while now, because for some strange reason, it has been heavy in my heart to want to go and maybe participate in a choir.  I also miss the socializing with friends and really wish I had a better interaction with my immediate family.  But no one seems interested in being close except for my Mom and my Dad.

Last summer we actually dropped into the Zion United Church in Sundridge for a rummage sale one Saturday when we were out yard sale hopping.  We went in, and a very tall woman greeted us quite warmly as did the other ladies that were working there that day.  We purchased a few things, and we were happy to see some friendly faces.  We left but not before they invited us to come to their Sunday service.

Which never happened for almost a full year!  Which brings us to, today.  We got up, Abby had to use the snow blower out on the driveway today for a bit, after it snowed almost the entire day up here yesterday.  We had breakfast and then headed on up to Sundridge.  It was almost over whelming to see so many people so happy to see us.  The very tall woman was the first to spot us, and she practically fell over running to come and greet us and give us each a hug.  It was so cute.

Many people approached us both before and after the service.  After service there was coffee and some treats downstairs and a chance to sit around and chat with some of the people that came to greet us before the service.  Its amazing what happens when "new blood" arrives.  lol  I would definitely go back.  I want to join their choir.  I spoke to a lady who also runs a community choir which I am also feeling so inclined to investigate.  I recognized this woman she looked very familiar as I thought maybe I went to high school with her, but once I heard her name it didn't even ring a bell.  I guess maybe she is someone's doppleganger or something, I don't know...but regardless it was nice to meet her and the other people we met there too.

I did not go for a walk today, because for some reason we just came home from church, and I spent some time in my studio, yesterday though, I went for a half hour walk, and also spent a lot of time painting this painting.



I cannot decide if this painting is finished or not...I struggled with this tree almost as much as I did in my winter creek painting.


But considering that the tree in the painting with the creek is my first ever hand drawn, water colour painted tree, and the one with the red barn, is my second ever hand drawn water colour painted tree, I guess I can't be too hard on myself.

I also decided at the last minute to join a rainbow ATC in ATC 4artsake group on Facebook which I didn't win, but oh well.... here is what I kind of threw together.


The background is actually made from a box of red dye that I had made a couple of years ago...I dunked the ATC into the red dye liquid and that was how it came out.  I kind of like the splattered look of it.  I then glued on the patch, and distressed the edges of the card with Tim Holtz distress ink, Fired Brick.

I also made my best friend and only seester her 50th birthday card.  I hope she will like it.  Of course, I won't post it here in case she reads my daily blogs.

Only two more days of January left....so cray cray, where does the time go?

Catch you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. The painting is finished btw ♥ beautiful! !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you miss Nat...it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments