Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Water Colour Birch Trees

I am currently in limbo for 3 projects that I had been working on today.  The first project I started and attempted twice but only ended up wasting some water colour paint, was that I have been wanting to create my own colour wheel to use here at the house.  I am going to have to ask my watercolour teacher to do that as a technique.  So unfortunately I have no photo to show of that.

My second today included my attempt at Mixed Media Morsel # 4 Glue Resist Background.  It's not completed because it has to dry.  But I do have a photo of it so far.  I can't wait to try it this time because the first one did not come even close to Cathands.



The third project I am in limbo with I actually started last night.  I may or may not finish it tonight will have to see how I end up feeling oce I publish this blog.  These are birch trees that I learned to paint in my water colour class.  I can only seem to either get the trees right and the foreground wrong or vice versa.  So I have decided to re-work the snow and shadows.  Here is what I have so far.


I am actually liking the foreground below the trees but I do have to somehow fix it up a bit.   I also have to add some black to the trees as well.  


Just one more tree to paint and then the shadows.

And here it is finished....



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are enjoying your watercolour art class. I've seen several of your birch tree paintings and they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am enjoying water colour, I LOVE that the colours tend to stay in their bright natural self, as long as they are applied as such. And such easy clean up! I've taught 3 people how to paint these birch trees and its so super easy. I am SURE I can teach you, too.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments