Friday, January 6, 2017

Wintery Photos

I actually attempted 3 different crafty things tonight, but nothing worked out enough for me worth blogging, (except for my decorated envie).  I have decided to accept Bonnie's challenge to play along with her for Bea Grob's art heart challenge.  You can watch her video here if your curious.

I did make a bunch of sky and grass backgrounds using water colour paint, but they have not amounted to anything yet.  I was thinking of using my die cut image of a certain tree that I have and dangle hearts from it, but I haven't thought that far ahead yet as to what I am going to do.

I also attempted a heart stamp onto a rolodex card for the art heart challenge that I have and some embossing powder, which I don't know how to proceed with out any further thought into that project at all yet, so I filed it under g.   I am sure I will come up with something for the art heart challenge sooner or later, preferably sooner, as I don't want to get far behind.

And I did put the moon and some snowy shadows on the birch trees of my decorated envelope that you saw in Yesterdays Blog. It actually turned out pretty good, I think anyway...so I am happy with it and will call it finished.  I have another envelope that I have to decorate, not sure what I am going to do with it yet.



I thought I would start today's blog with showing a few photos of what its like up here in the north right now.   But before I do, just want to give you a brief description what its like this year, compared to last year in 2016.  At Christmas last year, we had absolutely NO snow here in the North.  Which is amazing to that this is completely UNHEARD of.  But boy oh boy are the heavens ever making sure that its getting made up for lol....so are you ready?  Here goes!!!








so its really been an incredible winter wonderland up here!  LOVING it.  Our challenge for this winter is that this is the first time we don't have a way to use our hitch plow since our Honda Civic does not have a hitch on it.  We have had to invest in a snow blower which I myself have not used but Abby has, so according to her its better than nothing but it just doesn't to the same job our plow does. So we have had to invest in paying a guy to come and do it for us.  Its amazing how many plowers there are here just in Emsdale alone.  But needless to say that the job is getting done one way or another.  We now know a number of people who are willing to come and plow our drive way for us if we need it.

2 comments:

  1. You have a LOT more snow up your way than we have here. It looks pretty but I would not like all the shoveling it would entail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is pretty...I can't believe this is our 3rd winter here, and we still have no desire or intentions of living back in the south. Too many nice perks up here.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments