Saturday, January 14, 2017

MMM # 6 - Inchies

I actually planned my day a little bit, so the intent for today was to complete my inchies for my little book of morsels. It was not looking good for me to complete them.

I first of all started off with 8 ATC sized cards, that I stamped and distressed.  But then I thought that these would truly be a waste if I were to cut them down to inchie size, and then I would have had to either throw out the left over pieces or keep them for a rainy day for recycling them onto another project for another day, but instead, I just decided to keep these for another time and project instead. So these have been set aside, besides, over at my friends secret exchange blog the theme for February will be published tomorrow, so I can't wait to see what theme goes up for next month!   (I am thinking it will likely be something to do with Valentines Day maybe?)


Then, I started looking around my studio in between all of my shoeboxes full of goodies, I have other goodies that don't get used as often as they should, such as my Recollection Water Colour Crayons, and I also have the Recollections version of Gelato's too, that have only been used maybe once or twice perhaps. Anyway, I decided to pull out my crayons, since they have not even been opened yet.  Good choice...I found a video on You Tube, where Dana Joy talks about how she uses this nice little find.  (When I bought this product, I only know I wanted to get some water soluble crayons, but didn't have a clue what to do with them, so that is why they have been on my shelf untouched for so long)

Like Dana says, this is an awesome product because they are pretty much the same as Gelato's only they are bigger, have more colours, and better priced too, for that matter. So I got out some pre cut ATC sized cardstock and then cut 1" x 3.5 strip off the card so that I could get two of those strips from one pre cut ATC card stock.  

I then added the colour of the two ends of each strip until I had the equivalent of being able to make 20 inchies (most of which I will save for a rainy day as I only need six for my little book.)  This way I was able to hold the enter of the strip and having as little waste of product as possible.   This what I achieved from this process.   

I have not had much experience in making inchies, simply because they are so small...I am all thumbs when it comes to fidgety things, just ask my favourite teacher, miss N.  So when I first saw this as a morsel, my first initial thought was, "I guess I'm going to be skipping that one" lol

But I gave it a try once again, since I had only tried it once before the morsels.   Then when I tried it again, I didn't seem to mind it too much, because now I have just finished making a 3rd set.  


I am quite pleased with how these turned out.  The nice thing about inchies is that you don't have this great big canvas in front of you to get you all stressed out about.   

Thats a wrap for tonight.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's project which I absolutely can't wait, I get to go to a Stampin' Up make and take day, where we will be making 12 birthday cards.  I am looking forward to crafting with and getting to know other crafty people in my area very close to where I live.  I will be sharing what I will be making here tomorrow. 



2 comments:

  1. Inchies are to small and fussy for me. Not a big fan of making them, love to look at them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of inchies either, I would certainly never host any. Just like I am not a fan of making Steampunk or Zetti, I LOVE looking at them too.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments