Wednesday, February 22, 2017

EPHEMERA

what is ephemera anyway?  Well, according to wikipedia:

e·phem·er·aəˈfem(ə)rə/
noun
  1. things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time.
    • items of collectible memorabilia, typically written or printed ones, that were originally expected to have only short-term usefulness or popularity.

  2. In my whole 8 years of trading ATCs in the mail, I can't even tell you how many times I have been amazed when opening my mail.  Today was no exception to the rule.  To my complete and utter surprise, when I opened up my envelope from a swap I am hosting on Swap Bot, I found a castle die inside!  I can't even believe it.  It might be a tad too big for an ATC but I am sure it will work.  But here is an image of what I got....


How cool is this?  Over the years I have received an incredible countless number of cute little things here and there.  But mostly its bits of torn paper, or ATC sized paper, buttons, stickers, stamped images, images cut from magazines and more. From time to time, I get something super awesome, like a die, or a stamp even. There could be bits of ribbon, or brads, or stickers, you just never know!!!  It just never ceases to amaze me.  Once I received a beautiful altered box covered in vintage themed goodies and full of lovely little things for me to use in my crafting. 

This came with a lovely little letter, and a really cool hot air balloon greeting card.



People over all generally have a pretty big heart, and one of the things that blows my mind is that how much people are so willing to spend quite a bit of money on postage stamps?  I have received envelopes that have had as much as 10 and even 20 dollars worth of postage...how crazy is that?  I surely miss those days...its been a while..as I have been forced to nickel and dime.  Yes, I have been forced to cut back and as much as I hate to I have really no choice.  But sometimes I see a package come into my mail box that melts my heart and totally reminds me that there is a world out there....thank you so much to every one of you who have sent me something....I can't even beelieve myself how much I have accumulated over the years and much of it is because of ephemera!  LOVE IT...

thats a wrap folks!......

CIAO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments