Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Dinosaur ATC



I accepted the challenge of making a Dinosaur ATC a couple of weeks ago and I don't know whatever the heck I was thinking that I would be able to come up with something.  

After spending 3 days swapping studios with Abby, I finally got a fabulous idea for my "dragon" swap...(its in quotes because that is what I was thinking it was what I was supposed to do.  lol) so, I looked up on my old faithful computer a google search on how to draw dragons, and I found this cool video to teach me how to draw it, and so I started it but didn't really like how it developed.  Here it is here, you can actually see that it is intended to be a chinese dragon, so I was starting to follow it well, but something went terribly wrong when I attempted the body of it, so I gave up.  


I then realized that I had created a dragon ATC using a faux postage stamp that I created using my printer and some jagged scissors.  I looked to see if I had one in my trading binder but there were none left at all.  So, I made another one similar but not totally the same.  It wasn't until I finished making this ATC:


that I remembered, "Crap!!!  It was supposed to be a DINOSAUR ATC!!!  Not a stupid Dragon ATC!!!!!

GGGRRR so you can imagine my frustration.  So, I set aside my two dragon ATCs, and then I started looking at how to draw dinosaur videos...lol...It took me a few attempts so here is the first one, I was really proud of what I drew but screwed it up colouring...sigh...so, I looked for another video 




And this is what came out of the next one that I attempted, 


And it wasn't doing anything for me at all so I gave up on this one, and looked for another.....


This one was starting to form...but the more I kept drawing it the more it looked like a boogey man and not a dinosaur.  

Until finally it hit me...Dino from the Flinstone's should be pretty easy to draw, so I did a google search, (I frikkin' LOVE Google) and I actually found a video on how to draw him, and this is my outcome...I LOVE it....I almost don't want to part with him, but at least I have a photo of him to prove that I ever drew him.


So out of all of those dinosaur ATCs that I made are that there is actually really is a dragon ATC swap also, so they are not going to be wasted...whooo hooo.  

Thats a wrap folks!!!

aloha 

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when a project goes off track like that. I'm glad that you finally pulled it all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I hear ya Bonnie, in 8 years of trading this is not the first time its happened! What I hate is when you sign up for a swap and your absolutely sure you can come up with something and it all turns out to be a bad nightmarish mess!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments