Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Friendly Circles

I have been a member of many a club, drumming circles, singles clubs, dance clubs, fitness studios but I can honestly say to you that I have never, ever, that is until last week, when Abby paid for our memberships at the Friendly Circle.   In a singles club that I used to be a part of for many many years, I was pretty much always the youngest and was quite proud of my nick name being the "baby" of the gang.

For the second time in my life, or maybe even perhaps the 3rd, or 4th? lol I have found myself in a situation where I am either too young or too old for joining in on anything.  For example when I was in public/high school, I had failed grade 5 so I was held back a year, so any year after that I was always the oldest of the class, and often too old to join anything, and it seemed to happen every single decade of my life one way or the other.  But I can handle being at the younger end of the spectrum, I love hanging with older people, I always have.

I am looking forward to being the "baby" again in another group.  I am sure I am the youngest of all of the 50's+ up there in that club anyway.  They have weekly meals, and sewing, and line dancing, yoga, art group and all kinds of things going on all through the week so you could actually go to something every single day!

Today there was a lunch put on by the Diner's Club of South River, so we were invited to go to that, so we did.   It was an $8.00 meal and we were served a bun, salad, beets, and some chicken pot pie made by the owner of Memere's where they make entrees to sell.

But for now, I am sticking to the Art Group.  There were 4 of us today, and I got to meet and be creative and socialize with 3 other lovely older and talented women with the exception of one lady she is so new at art.  She took everything out of her bag and everything was all new still wrapped in packages.  lol...she was cute she said she wanted to learn how to do trees, so I invited her to sit beside me and follow my lead.  She was a wonderful student, and I had no idea that I would be teaching someone and she kept complimenting me as to how patient I was etc.  So that was really nice.

One lady showed us a super cool new technique on painting water colour birch trees...of which I was super excited to learn....I wanted to come home and paint one but sadly I had no energy left by the time I had to cook dinner and do email and a few other little things including this....night is young but I have a couple of busy days ahead of me tomorrow and Thursday...but having said, that's a wrap, catch you on the flip side!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are both going to enjoy being a part of this group. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have come to realize how important it is to be out interacting with other people. So we both have found a place with some commonalities and we both have had a chance to interact separately with people who share the same interests. The sewing group is a very serious group of sewers they are into making quilts and everything else. For the art class, they are serious painters but great for newbies like myself.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments