Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Painting My Heart Out

I have been participating in a Chronic Pain Clinic for 3 weeks or so now.  Each week we have to promise an Action Plan.  Which is basically something we want to do, and something that is do-able and then we have to give ourselves a rating as to how confident we think we are going to be able to do it.  My action plan this week was to paint 4 water colour paintings.  Well I did not give myself enough credit for this week, as, I only gave myself a confidence level of 7 out of 10 that I would complete it.  I am happy to announce that I completed it.  

When I painted the meadow, I actually dropped my brush on it, lucky for me, it landed right smack where the fence was going.  lol, so I was able to save it.  My favourite of these 4, is the sunset...or sunrise, whichever way you want to look at it.


So I have been painting my heart out this week!   Here is one I did last week.  I LOVE how it turned out, except for the shrubs...I will have to work on those a little.


I am really enjoying water colour painting!  I wish I could do it by memory and not have to look at a photo, but I suppose there is nothing wrong with doing that. It totally relaxes me, especially when I can play some relaxing meditative music in the background.  There are 2 amazing points about this medium, one is that they last a long time, and when a tube is empty there is nothing to refill, just go out and buy a new one....and two, there is very minimal clean up.  LOVE IT! Looking forward to another day of painting tomorrow.

Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments