Wednesday, April 5, 2017

SPIROGRAPH



Who doesn't remember the infamous SPIROGRAPH???  I remember having one as a kid, do you?  Did you have one?  Were you successful in ever making it work the way they advertised it?

This is the one that I remember is a red box with a blue tray that came with all of the plastic shapes with tiny little holes in it.  It also came with 4 different coloured pens, some cardboard for the backing and pins to hold everything down.


I actually found one of these original ones somewhere, probably a yard sale. I made several attempts, but there are a bunch of things missing.  So I tucked it away at the time. I for one, could ever master it anyway, but then; back then, I don't think I was ever as art minded as I currently am now.

So, the reason this all came up more recently is because my good buddy Aubrey remembered me talking about Spirograph and he called me one day all excited and he said "you would not even believe what I found!!!"  And I was like, "what did you find?"  He said, "Spirograph at Michael's on sale for TEN BUCKS!" LOL!!!  He was absolutely adorable about it.  This is the one he bought for me.

He said he actually bought two....silly boy, I said why?  And his response was that he wanted one too!  lol And that they were such a great price he could not resist.  Anyway, this was such a while ago, last summer, I think.  We actually finally got to see him on the weekend, and he brought it to me...What a sweet heart!  I asked him if he played with his yet, and his reply was that he was waiting for me to play with it first...lol...so, here you go Aubrey, this is my first attempt!

It sure looks like a kindergarten drawing, doesn't it?  Anyway, I am having trouble keeping the rings down hard on the surface I am creating on, and so the wheels keep skipping.  The pins never truly worked for me either.

But don't worry, I want to be able to make amazing designs like this...

and this...


and this...


So I won't be giving up anytime soon.  I will be trying the pins again maybe tomorrow!

In the mean time, if anyone has any ideas for a good solution on how to keep this sturdy, I am ALL EARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments