Monday, March 13, 2017

Back At It

Very recently my friend Bonnie over at JaspersGems shocked me to bits by telling me that I would never guess in a million years what she was making, my guesses were 1) Cutting die cut gears, 2) counting ATC backs, 3) water colour painting.  All of course were incorrect, but when she told me that she was making Pocket Letters, I was starting to think that hell had frozen over.  I say this because I found out about them shortly after they were originally created by Janette Lane  a couple of years ago already, everyone was making such a big deal out of them, I had to try them.  Well, I tried them alright, I really like the concept of the whole idea because you get a chance to de-stash.  But then everyone was applying far too much pressure to make them elaborate and expensive to mail. Because if you received one that was elaborate well then you kind of felt obligated to send one that was elaborate. This in the end is what turned both myself and my friend off of these.

The first video Bonnie directed me to was this one by Sherbert Ink, I really liked how simple she kept it, and loved some of the elements that she used to make the pocket letter attractive.   Then Bonnie highly recommended this video by Rebecca (iammama24) which showed even more simplistic idea's for filling up the pockets...I especially love how Rebecca uses washi tape to decorate the edging of the pocket page.  So creative and so decorative...this is what made me want to create another pocket letter, so I agree to do a trade with my friend.

Before I show you what I have got on my pocket letter so far, I want to show you an element that one of the videos I saw showed me.  This made me want to make a pocket letter even more because of the cutest ever corner bookmarks that one of the videos talked about.  I googled corner bookmarks and to my pleasant surprise, the amazement of how many variations of these book marks you can make!  OMGosh!!!!



Are they not just the sweetest things you ever saw, and you won't even believe how easy they are to make!  While looking through these images I found another page that gave step by step instructions over at Tally's Treasury on how to make these cute little critters that could literally be decorated into anything or any theme you want!  And they are so much fun to make.

Ok, its time to reveal what I have been making for my friend, I hope she doesn't see my blog today before I actually have it completed.

Anyway.....here is the front of my pocket letter that I have so far....In the second pocket, I absolutely LOVE how the words FOR YOU turned out...this was not planned...it just worked out this way...The green letters spell for you as do the yellow letters even though they are alternated...pretty cool, huh?


And here is the back of my pocket letter...so far....


One last thing I want to show you before I sign off, here is the corner book I made for Bonnie's pocket letter, to close it all up safe and sound inside the envelope, I do hope that she will like it, its no secret that that she loves owls as much as I do...check it out...too cute huh?



I still have a few pockets left to go but should not take me too much longer.   I should have it done tomorrow and in the mail by Wednesday.  I will add photos of it completed when I am done so you can all see.....

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments