Sunday, September 9, 2018

My October Daily Update

Hello Crafty Friends

Welcome to my Creative Cave once again where I have had quite an artful day today.  I started this morning with making my 2 Harvest ATCs for my partner on The Paper Manipulator.  These are harvest images that I printed from the Internet and simply used my copic markers to colour them in.  Its hard to believe that I am out of colouring practice with them.


So then I moved on to the next project on the list.  I wanted to make Halloween themed ATCs for the Alphabet Letter M but turns out that it was actually for the Letter O theme so I kind of wasted time making these.  However time was not entirely wasted on them as I will add them to my ATCs to be Traded collection. And I did have fun making them, though.  I think maybe I will put them into one of the envelopes in the book I am using for my October Daily for future use.   I just hope that my partner won't be too disappointed for the Letter O, as there are not many options for O in Halloween.  At least not that I could think of.


So, what does all of this have to do with my October Daily update?  Well nothing really, except that I'd been working on the front and back cover of my chosen book which I am altering from scratch for it in between projects.  Speaking of which, I really should add a layer of Mod Podge to the back cover before it gets too late in the so it can dry so I can decorate the front of it tomorrow.

Here is a photo of the book I have been talking about that I chose for my October Daily 2018.


When I saw this book at a yard sale, I jumped on it.  It was only a quarter, and at the time I had no idea what I was going to use it for.  So, when the idea of the October daily came up, I thought this would be just the perfect book.   As you can see, I will have to be altering completely front to back...fun, fun, fun...and it is something that I will be able to keep for myself for a change.



I don't know if you can tell the difference or not.  I can't in the photo, at least yet, maybe once the blog is up.   As it stands right now I have the front gessoed in black and have a light layer of Glossy Mod Podge on it.  There are some streaks but I am not worried as I will be completely decorating it all in Halloween themed images, die cuts and stickers.  I am thinking of not bothering to mod podge the back of the book as since I am going to decorate it too, that I will not need to.

Anyway, as you can see, I've had to alter the front and the back...and I will be altering each page as well.  All I can say is that, there is only a little bit of planning for me for this project but not too much.  Our budget is going to be on the low side to be able to go anywhere or do anything for the next couple of months, which is fine by me, as I will be happy to be home and in my creative cave when I can be.  Lord knows I have tons to do, I just hope that my health holds enough to let me enjoy this upcoming fall season.







1 comment:

  1. That is so frustrating when you get something stuck in your head and later find out that it was the wrong thing. I know I've done that more than once. Your "M" cards look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments