Monday, October 19, 2015

Autumn

There is no mystery as to why Autumn is my favorite time of year.  When asked "what is your favorite color?" my response is "Autumn".
Every year ever since I was a young child and living in Huntsville in the 70's and 80's.  I can remember going on Road Trips specifically to see the colors of fall.  There are two types of people in this world...those that are into doing this and those who are not.
The trips I remember the most are the trips to the Dorset Tower.  Whenever we had company in the fall, we would all pile into the car and away we would go.  As we approached the fire tower we got excited as we saw the tower peering through the trees.
But now living here as an adult I have been back to Dorset and climbed the tower.  But two major differences being that one I am adult now and a lot more nervous to climb the tower, and two the tower no longer peer above the trees.
But it is STILL beautiful no matter what age or how you slice it.
Our Autumn this year lasted all but a week.   It was so Damm beautiful out there that all I wanted to do was nothing but get in the car and drive around aimlessly.  
Until one day it snowed...and it snowed and it snowed and it snowed for about an entire weekend.   The snow came and the crispy colorful autumn leaves fell to the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments